Approaching Your Next Application
Interested in a science opportunity? Here's how to strengthen your application!
Cold-emails Guide - A cold e-mail is an e-mail sent to a potential PI. Usually, this is a professor that you find interesting. Here's how to contact someone you have not formally met before.
Statement of Purpose - SoP's are essentially the "face" of your application. Here's a guide on how to write them.
CVs - CVs stand for "Curriculum Vitae", which stands for "Path of Life" - AKA, a very detailed resume on your path in science.
Interview Tips - Here's how to nail an interview!
Duke Graduate School Scientific Writing Resource - Helpful resource on improving your scientific writing. Includes some specific lessons, examples, and practice opportunities.
Stanford ADVANCE Undergraduate Institute
A 3 day institute to introduce sophomores and juniors to the graduate school admissions process. Sponsored by Stanford Biosciences and Stanford Black Bioscience Organization. Applications due February 1. More info here.
BioPharmGuy - Curated list of available biotech jobs!
Graduate School Fellowships
- Stanford Graduate Fellowship in Science & Engineering
- Enhancing Diversity in Graduate Education Fellowship
- Graduate Fellowships
- Bio-X Graduate Student Fellowships
- Stanford Interdisciplinary Graduate Fellowship
- Spectrum TL1 Predoctoral Research Training Program
- Fellowship and Grant Opportunities for Students of Color - Improving Diversity in Graduate Education
- Diversifying Academia, Recruiting Excellence (DARE) Doctoral Fellowship
- Gerald J. Lieberman Fellowship
- Summer Research Fellowship for Veterinary Students Interested in Biomedical Research
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP)
- Autism Speaks Dennis Weatherstone Predoctoral Fellowship Program
- Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowships
- Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Awards for Individual Predoctoral Fellows
- Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Awards for Individual Predoctoral Fellowships to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research
- Ford Foundation Dissertation Fellowships
- Autism Science Foundation Pre-doctoral Training Award